Collection and use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information MIDDEL & PARTNERS may collect and how we may use it:
Personal information collect by Middel & Partners
- When you create a MIDDEL & PARTNERS ID, purchase a product, download a software update, register for a class on a MIDDEL & PARTNERS site, connect to our services, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information and credit card information.
- When you share your content with family and friends using MIDDEL & PARTNERS products, or invite others to participate in MIDDEL & PARTNERS services or forums, MIDDEL & PARTNERS may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. MIDDEL & PARTNERS will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
- In certain jurisdictions, we may ask for a government issued ID in limited circumstances including when setting up a wireless account and activating your device, for the purpose of training and service delivery.
How Middel & Partners use your personal information
- The personal information MIDDEL & PARTNERS collect allows us to keep you posted on MIDDEL & PARTNERS’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on MIDDEL & PARTNERS’s mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- MIDDEL & PARTNERS also use personal information to help create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. MIDDEL & PARTNERS may also use your personal information for account and network security purposes, including in order to protect our services for the benefit of all our users. Where MIDDEL & PARTNERS use your information for anti-fraud purposes it arises from the conduct of an online transaction with MIDDEL & PARTNERS. At MIDDEL & PARTNERS, we limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services. For certain online transactions MIDDEL & PARTNERS may also validate the information provided by you with publicly accessible sources.
- MIDDEL & PARTNERS may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services.
- From time to time, MIDDEL & PARTNERS may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with MIDDEL & PARTNERS, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- MIDDEL & PARTNERS may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve MIDDEL & PARTNERS’s products, services, and customer communications.
Source of your personal information where they are not collected from you
MIDDEL & PARTNERS may have received your personal information from other persons if that person has shared their content with you using MIDDEL & PARTNERS products, or invited you to participate in MIDDEL & PARTNERS services or forums. MIDDEL & PARTNERS may also validate the information provided by you when creating an MIDDEL & PARTNERS ID with a third party for security and fraud prevention purposes.
For research and development purposes, MIDDEL & PARTNERS may use datasets such as those that contain images, voices or other data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, MIDDEL & PARTNERS do so in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the dataset is hosted. When using such datasets for research and development, MIDDEL & PARTNERS do not attempt to re-identify individuals who may appear therein.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
MIDDEL & PARTNERS also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. MIDDEL & PARTNERS may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that MIDDEL & PARTNERS collect and how MIDDEL & PARTNERS may use it:
- MIDDEL & PARTNERS may collect information such as occupation, language, postal code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where a MIDDEL & PARTNERS product is used so that MIDDEL & PARTNERS can better understand customer behaviour and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- MIDDEL & PARTNERS may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your explicit consent, MIDDEL & PARTNERS may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help App developers improve their Apps, website and general communication.
If MIDDEL & PARTNERS do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
If you want to disable cookies and you’re using the Safari web browser for example, go to Safari preferences and then to the privacy pane to manage your preferences. On your MIDDEL & PARTNERS mobile device, go to Settings, then Safari, scroll down to the Privacy & Security section, and tap on “Block Cookies” to manage your preferences. For other browsers, check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the MIDDEL & PARTNERS website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most internet services, MIDDEL & PARTNERS gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
MIDDEL & PARTNERS use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behaviour on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. MIDDEL & PARTNERS may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, MIDDEL & PARTNERS use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the MIDDEL & PARTNERS website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. MIDDEL & PARTNERS track this click-through data to help determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable MIDDEL & PARTNERS to send email messages in a format that customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. MIDDEL & PARTNERS may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times MIDDEL & PARTNERS may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with MIDDEL & PARTNERS to provide products and services, or that help MIDDEL & PARTNERS market to customers.
MIDDEL & PARTNERS shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, fulfilling customer bookings, delivering services to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever MIDDEL & PARTNERS operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for MIDDEL & PARTNERS to disclose your personal information. MIDDEL & PARTNERS may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
MIDDEL & PARTNERS may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale MIDDEL & PARTNERS may transfer any and all personal information MIDDEL & PARTNERS collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
MIDDEL & PARTNERS takes the security of your personal information very seriously. MIDDEL & PARTNERS protects your personal information during transit using encryption. When your personal data is stored by MIDDEL & PARTNERS, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures.
When you use some MIDDEL & PARTNERS services, or applications or post on an MIDDEL & PARTNERS forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
The existence of Automated Decision-Making, Including Profiling
MIDDEL & PARTNERS does not take any decisions involving the use of algorithms or profiling that significantly affects you.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by contacting us directly in order to receive access to personal information previously supplied. MIDDEL & PARTNERS will provide you with access (including a copy) for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if MIDDEL & PARTNERS is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. MIDDEL & PARTNERS may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. MIDDEL & PARTNERS may also decline aspects of deletion or access requests if we believe doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes as described earlier.
To provide location-based services on MIDDEL & PARTNERS products, MIDDEL & PARTNERS and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices’ approximate location. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by MIDDEL & PARTNERS and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy